March 2, 2012

February in recap

Six months to go! Or 5 months and a half if I can make it.. :)

I finally submitted my final proposal for the dissertation and have one of the nice lecturers as my supervisor. She taught us in the previous semester and she is really kind and fun and she likes Sumatran coffee! Dissertation will be about the tuition fee in Indonesia's higher education and its social and economic impacts. It's quite funny, considering that my undergraduate program's tuition fee was, and still is, the most expensive in my university (or probably in all Indonesia's public universities). Now I need to start writing the first few chapters of my dissertation which she advised me to do so that I can finish quite early..hopefully.

That addition to my workload did not stop me from adding another activity into my schedule.. actually, two to be exact: being a member of the university choir and attending Elementary Chinese lesson. I know, I'm a crazy woman, cause I always need an extracurricular outside my work/study no matter how busy and tired I'll be. But I think I'll manage these two, cause it's not as if I'll be attending 3-sessions per week as with my dance school..which I sorely miss btw. :__( Dancing and/or singing helps me channel these emotions I don't always let people know.

Aaaand.. speaking of that.

Hrrrr.. Where do I start?

Well, I would say that I did something I'm not so proud of. It's one thing if you want to stand up for yourself and it's another thing if you tell a person to eff off ungracefully. And I did both. To a decent person I've known for quite long. Not that I worry so much whether I was being graceful or not (the only time I can be graceful is when I'm in ballet slippers *random*), it's just that I was being rude to a friend and it leaves a sour taste ('though I like sour and spicy sauce.. *again, random, irrelevant fact*). I honestly feel sorry that it happened..and it actually might be better if there was someone else to tell those things for me, like Marshall Eriksen for Ted Mosby, not in a rude rough way (although appreciated :p). But if I can say a few good things from that 'drama' is that I stood up for myself, said what I needed to say, learned from my mistake and now am ready to move forward.

Nevertheless, there were many things to be grateful and happy about, which I am constantly reminded of, in February. Like, for instance, how you can rediscover your long-lost friendship with other people, the fact that spring comes early here and that I am surrounded by nice and warm people. Oh, and the fact that I'm going to watch the Russian State Ballet's Swan Lake this March!! Yayness! Aside from that, I think from March and then on I'll be quite busy with assignments, dissertation writings, choir rehearsals, Chinese lessons, and having a good time (I hope..). And with only two days of lectures per week, I hope I don't procrastinate. :p So, yeah.. hopefully March will be exciting and productive, not just for me but to all of us as well. :)

No comments: